• Setting out and coordination of site activities in conjunction with Project Manager and Site Foreman and also monitoring the dimensional accuracy of the installation of precast elements.
• Quality checking and compiling of Inspection reports.
• Liaison and arranging site testing.
• Liaise with clients site team and communicate requirements
• Coordination of subcontractors and suppliers for site projects
• Attending of site meetings and maintaining and communication of meeting outcomes to Project Manager and Site Team
• Coordination, Communication and monitoring of site H&S Requirements in conjunction with Project and Health & Safety Manager.
• Record keeping of all site related activities and Daily Site Diaries.
• Technical responsibility relating to projects on site including (but not limited to) reading and interpretation of all construction drawings.
• Liaise with Production Manager at factory in relation to production programming of precast elements for site base projects that are to be installed by Shay Murtagh Ltd.
• Assist the Project and Installation Manager with the scheduling of all labour, plant and equipment and materials resources required to complete the successful delivery of projects.
• Management of subcontractors during project delivery.
• Assist the Project Manager with project programming and control works progress against agreed programmes
• Co-ordinating on site team to achieve targets and meet deadlines.
• Liaise with Transport manager in planning and scheduling of all delivery requirements for site.
• Self-motivated and meticulous, you must also have the ability to prioritise your workload effectively and maintain good accurate daily records.
• Working knowledge of Auto-Cad and Eurocodes along with good IT skills including Microsoft packages.
• Possess good organisation, planning and time management skills, a flexible approach and the ability to work on your own initiative.
• Willingness to develop commercial acumen, in addition to technical skills as part of your commitment to ongoing self-improvement as part of your CPD.
• Any other appropriate responsibilities as required by the job function.
Skills & Qualities For the role:
• Degree qualified (L7 or L8) in Civil/Structural Engineering Degree (or equivalent)
• Over 1-2 year experience in a similar role ideally
• Demonstrated mathematical and technical skills
• Ability to think methodically, plan and manage projects.
• Excellent verbal and written communication & interpersonal skills.
• Over time, develop negotiating, supervisory and leadership skills combined with the ability to delegate
• Ability to work under pressure, balance priorities, and meet strict deadlines is essential and being highly motivated and willing to take on new challenges.
• Team player with exceptional interpersonal skills
• Valid up to date Safe-pass, SSSTS card/CSCS card and other related training and tickets are highly desirable with a Full clean valid driving licence is required.
Tips when applying for a job
- Always add a cover letter
- Check both cover letter and CV for spelling mistakes
- Research the Company and prepare some questions
- Read our Applying for a Job online safety guidelines
1 year ago