SUMMARY OF ROLE:
We are currently recruiting for a Transport Planner for our Client, a specialist logistics service company, based in Westgate Business Park, Ballymount, Dublin 24. This is a full-time permanent position.
• Managing and maintaining the Operations Schedule;
• Re-scheduling a customer visit in the event of missed collections;
• Answer incoming call requests to the Operations Desk from customers and drivers;
• Deal with all customer related calls and follow them through to resolution;
• Ensure drivers are fully informed of information relevant to the contents of their run sheet by maintaining and updating site-specific customer notes and service instructions;
• Update all relevant client information in the Scheduling file;
• Proactively manage any issues that might impact service levels;
• Manage relationships with customers;
• Conduct daily driver debriefs and resolve any issues highlighted;
• Ad hoc reporting as assigned by the Director of Road Operations.
• Must have strong Microsoft Office skills especially Excel;
• Relevant Supply Chain/Distribution or Logistics degree qualifications or experience (desired 3 yrs+) of working in a busy, multi-drop logistics role;
• Strong geographical knowledge of Ireland;
• Proficient in multitasking, changing priorities and working in a dynamic environment;
• Strong interpersonal and customer management skills
• Excellent attention to detail;
• Excellent oral and written communication skills;
RATE OF PAY:
€30,000 - €35,000 a year depending on experience.
Monday to Friday 9am to 5.30pm.
Tips when applying for a job
- Always add a cover letter
- Check both cover letter and CV for spelling mistakes
- Research the Company and prepare some questions
- Read our Applying for a Job online safety guidelines
3 weeks ago