SUMMARY OF ROLE:
We are currently recruiting for a Transport Manager for our Client based in Thomas Street, Dublin City Centre. This is a full-time permanent position.
• Managing and controlling a fleet of vehicles and staff;
• Organising the efficient distribution and collection of product;
• Achieving the service levels required by customers in terms of both quality and supply;
• Improving efficiencies and increasing productivity and profitability through improved fleet management;
• Liaising effectively with the relevant personnel to maintain a good customer supplier relationship;
• Developing and implementing effective cost control processes using computer based systems to enhance the efficient organisation of the logistical function;
• Planning routes ensuring they are within legal driving hours and adhering to regulations;
• Ensuring driver compliance with Tachograph regulations;
• Driving improvements in Health and Safety.
• A proven track record in a similar role with at least 5 years strong management experience;
• Previous experience in a similar role with Telematics;
• Strong organisational and planning skills
• The ability to communicate clearly and effectively – both verbally and written;
• An ability to work under tight deadlines and in a high pressure environment;
• Initiative and high self-motivation;
• Good decision making skills and follow through on decisions made;
• Strong leadership skills;
• Proficiency with Excel and other IT packages
• A Transport related qualification;
RATE OF PAY:
€60,000 a year plus work related expenses.
Flexibility in the working day, evening and weekend. The company operates a flexible day/evening shift roster aligned to daily operational activity.
Tips when applying for a job
- Always add a cover letter
- Check both cover letter and CV for spelling mistakes
- Research the Company and prepare some questions
- Read our Applying for a Job online safety guidelines
1 day ago