SUMMARY OF ROLE:
We are currently recruiting for a full-time Plant Operator based in Ringsend, Dublin 4 for a highly successful and rapidly growing company in the building materials sector. This role is a permanent position with an immediate start.
• Operate the plant on a shift basis in a safe and efficient manner;
• Maintain accurate and complete records of all plant operations in the relevant logs; complete routine and ad hoc reports on plant operations as directed by the Plant Management team;
• Carry out routine plant inspections and first line maintenance work as instructed and to record any plant defects found during the course of regular site rounds;
• Feeding of raw materials into the plant facility, controlling process parameters by way of an automated computer system;
• Regular sampling and testing of finished product for quality control;
• Truck loading and weighbridge activities (including the issuing of weighbridge dockets);
• Assist in the unloading of raw materials / loading of bulk finished products / product blending;
• Maintenance operations – both preventative, scheduled and reactive;
• Housekeeping as per instructions given by management team;
• Monitoring & maintaining production performance and efficiency – to meet company KPI targets;
• Complete any other projects /tasks as assigned by management team.
• Previous process plant experience from the Power, Cement, or Incinerator industry, or Full trade background in Electrical/Mechanical;
• Trades/Diploma qualification an advantage;
• Good time keeping, attendance record as well as excellent communication & interpersonal skills;
• Ability to analyse data and make decisions on findings;
• Controls, SCADA, PLC, software, automated equipment experience;
• Ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines;
• Flexibility in the role is required to ensure that work that is assigned (which may be outside the areas of your normal duties and standard working hours) is completed to a high standard;
• PC skills, Computer and IT systems knowledge are an advantage;
• Forklift licence would be advantageous, but not essential.
The company operates 7 days a week in two shifts - 7am-7pm and 7pm-7am. You need to be flexible to work both shifts rotating 2 weeks day-shift, 2 weeks night-shift. Shifts work on the basis of 3 days week 1 and 4 days week 2.
The starting salary is €33,660 per annum. Initial salary increased by 10% (€37,026) after successful completion of probation (6 months). After 2 years by a further 10% (€40,392) and by 8% (€43,084) after 3 years.After achieving permanent status the package includes access to the PRSA scheme, pension, death in service benefit, medical insurance and income protection.
Tips when applying for a job
- Always add a cover letter
- Check both cover letter and CV for spelling mistakes
- Research the Company and prepare some questions
- Read our Applying for a Job online safety guidelines
1 week ago