SUMMARY OF ROLE:
We are currently recruiting for full-time Plant Operator positions based in Ringsend, Dublin 4 for a highly successful and rapidly growing company in the building materials sector. These roles are an immediate start, initially agency roles with a view to permanency for the right candidate.
• Operate the plant on a shift basis in a safe and efficient manner to ensure performance and optimise efficiency;
• Ensure that all work carried out is completed in line with Company’s QHSE (Quality, Health and Safety and Environmental policies);
• Maintain accurate and complete records of all plant operations in the relevant logs; complete routine and adhoc reports on plant operations as directed by the Plant Management team;
• Carry out routine plant inspections and first line maintenance work as instructed and to record any plant defects found during the course of regular site rounds;
• Feeding of raw materials into the plant facility, controlling process parameters by way of an automated computer system;
• Regular sampling and testing of finished product for quality control;
• Truck loading and weighbridge activities (including the issuing of weighbridge dockets);
• Assist in the unloading of raw materials / loading of bulk finished products / product blending;
• Maintenance operations – both preventative, scheduled and reactive;
• Housekeeping as per instructions given by management team;
• Monitoring & maintaining production performance and efficiency – to meet company KPI targets;
• Complete any other projects / capex, tasks as assigned by management team.
• Previous process plant experience from the Power, Cement, or Incinerator industry, or Full trade background in Electrical/Mechanical;
• Trades/Diploma qualification;
• At least 5 years’ experience;
• Good time keeping, attendance record as well as excellent communication & interpersonal skills;
• Ability to analyse data and make decisions on findings;
• Controls, SCADA, PLC, software, automated equipment experience;
• Full working knowledge of mechanical and electrical services;
• Ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines;
• Excellent organisational and problem solving skills;
• Flexibility in the role is required to ensure that work that is assigned (which may be outside the areas of your normal duties and standard working hours) is completed to a high standard;
• Enthusiastic and responsive approach;
• Strong PC skills, Computer and IT systems knowledge are an advantage;
• Manual Handling, safe pass and full clean drivers licence required;
• Forklift licence would be advantageous, but not essential.
The company operates 7 days a week in two shifts - 7am-7pm and 7pm-7am. You need to be flexible to work both shifts rotating 2 weeks dayshift, 2 weeks nightshift.
RATE OF PAY:
€15.00 per hour (includes night premium). Overtime at 1.5x paid after 39 hours. Attractive salary structure after successful completion of probation.
Tips when applying for a job
- Always add a cover letter
- Check both cover letter and CV for spelling mistakes
- Research the Company and prepare some questions
- Read our Applying for a Job online safety guidelines
2 days ago