SUMMARY OF ROLE:
We are currently recruiting for Health & Safety & HR Manager for our Client based in Dunsany, Co Meath. This is a full-time permanent position.
The role involves developing H & S Management Systems and HR Systems on-site and is heavily involved in the pro-active management of the business from a H&S and HR perspective. Working with the Site management team including the Site Manager, Production Managers, Ops Manager and Maintenance Manager this role requires an individual with a 'backbone', strong communication skills and the personality to put Health & Safety & HR practices at the forefront of everyone's agenda onsite.
• Develop and implement all necessary H&S & HR procedures and policies and ensure compliance with legislation, codes, standards, and industry best practice;
• Maintain HR records and deal with all HR issues in a timely and sensitive basis;
• Facilitate site team in the execution of planned inspections, risk assessments, training needs analysis;
• PPE surveys and occupational health & hygiene surveys including work station ergonomic surveys;
• Ensure all accidents and incidents are thoroughly recorded and investigated by Management to identify route causes and ensure that effective corrective actions are taken as required;
• Work with external medical / occupational health resources to identify, control and provide information to employees on site occupational health hazards;
• Maintain records of all relevant H&S documentation, reports, files, forms, etc. using the company's software and a suitable, electronic filing system;
• Train or organise training for staff at all levels on H&S issues and responsibilities, including induction;
• Help carry out risk assessments, identify how risk could be reduced & produce reports to suggest improvements;
• Carry out site inspections to check policies and procedures are being executed correctly;
• Keep records of any inspections findings or accidents on site and produce statistics for
• Partake in-house training with site management/staff about health and safety issues and risks;
• Ensure equipment is installed safely;
• Provide support to management on all HR related matters;
• Co-ordinate the recruitment process from start to finish;
• Provide support in employee relations issues, such a disciplinary and grievances;
• Liaise with Payroll every month with staff changes/amendments;
• Day to day queries from employees and managers;
• Administration of employee files;
• Develop suite of reports to support HR & Business Strategy;
• Review and keep up to date all HR Policies, Employee Handbook, develop Code of Conduct;
• Review and record all HR processes.
• You will have a relevant qualification in Occupational Safety and Health & HR with experience in a similar role;
• You will ideally come from a food production background or other highly regulated & quality focused manufacturing sector;
• A positive "can-do" attitude;
• You should have the drive, confidence and resilience to get things done;
• Analyse problems and come up with ideas;
• You will be expected to keep yourself up to date with new legislation and maintain a working knowledge of all Health and Safety & Employment legislation and any developments that affect the food industry;
• Have the ability to deal with sensitive information in a confidential manner with unquestionable integrity;
• Solid working knowledge of MS Office.
RATE OF PAY:
€40,000-€45,000 depending on experience.
Monday to Friday, 8am start to finish. Flexibility with regard to working hours is required.
Tips when applying for a job
- Always add a cover letter
- Check both cover letter and CV for spelling mistakes
- Research the Company and prepare some questions
- Read our Applying for a Job online safety guidelines
2 months ago