Trim Hire, Hardware & DIY Centre, established in 2000 is a leading provider of hardware, DIY and the hire of plant and machinery in the North East. As a member of the Topline Group we are committed to expanding our business and meeting the needs of our customers.
We supply a wide range of top quality building materials, hardware products and an expanding plant, machinery and tool hire fleet, ensuring our customers’ needs are always met in an effective, efficient and professional manner.
We are currently recruiting a Counter Sales Assistant to join our Sales team.
• Service customers at the counter by taking orders and entering them into the system accurately
• Use electronic and published catalogues to provide product, pricing and availability information to customers
• Follow company pricing and credit guidelines
• Solve or find someone to quickly solve customers’ problems
• Retrieve orders from warehouse quickly and accurately
• Increase sales and average order size by means of cross-selling, up-selling, add-on sales and offering promotional sales items as well as new products
• Handle customer complaints and returns, while showing a positive attitude
• Keep merchandising and counter areas clean and attractive
• Drive sales activity through outbound sales calls as directed by management
• Participate in company-sponsored sales promotions
• Work with other departments to resolve customer service issues in a timely manner
• Accurately use order entry, computerized systems and other technologies as required.
• Delivers superior customer service
• Effective listening and good phone skills
• Able to handle difficult customers with diplomacy and tact
• Team player who works productively with wide range of people
• Professional demeanour
• Comfortable in fast-paced environment
• Capable of following written instructions and documented procedures
• Understands basic inventory, warehousing and stocking procedures
• Accuracy and attention to detail
• Technical expertise and knowledge of company products
• Demonstrated success meeting sales goals and growing sales
Tips when applying for a job
- Always add a cover letter
- Check both cover letter and CV for spelling mistakes
- Research the Company and prepare some questions
- Read our Applying for a Job online safety guidelines
1 month ago