Musgrave Retail Partners are seeking HGV drivers for immediate start in our depots in Fonthill & Kilcock
Our people are the heart of our business. As our greatest asset, they make Musgrave a great place to work and in return we aim to be the very best place to work, grow and thrive. Musgrave Retail Partners are seeking HGV drivers for immediate start in our depots based in Fonthill & Kilcock
Reporting to the relevant Transport Line Manager, you will join a team providing best in class delivery service to our customers and a collection service from our full range of suppliers.
You will be required to carry out all assigned driving duties in a professional and efficient manner and act as a company ambassador when dealing with customers, the public and other third parties.
Responsibilities of this position will include:
· On time delivery and collection service
· Building good working relationships with our retailers and be a brand ambassador for the company.
· Responsible for the general up keep and security of the vehicle/tractor unit and trailer unit which reflects the positive image of the company and food distribution.
· Ensuring that all required documentation is accurately completed.
· You will work as part of the Depot team to meet operational/budget targets and standards where customer satisfaction is essential.
· Responsible for safety, showing courtesy to other road users and complying with the rules of the road. Ensure that trailers are loaded and discharged with due care for the safety of everyone, including the public. Maintain and control Health & Safety, Quality and HACCP requirements relating to the transport system.
· Be fully compliant with the requirements laid down in legislation covering drivers.
· Communication with management in terms of problems, arranging loads, reporting accidents and any other occasions where such contact is necessary.
· Respond to work requirements at short notice to satisfy customer needs.
We are looking for applications with the following experience and skills
· 2 years HGV driving experience
· Must hold a clean valid HGV License E+C class
· Customer focused and driven
· Ability to solve problems in a fast moving environment
· Good communication skills
The ideal candidate should have at least 2 years’ experience which must have been gained driving articulated vehicles. You must be a team player, flexible and have the ability to remain focused whilst under pressure. You will have the ability to work on your own initiative, be self-motivated and have a consistent work methodology.
Tips when applying for a job
- Always add a cover letter
- Check both cover letter and CV for spelling mistakes
- Research the Company and prepare some questions
- Read our Applying for a Job online safety guidelines
5 days ago