Employer: Lean Industry 4.0 DAC
Lean Industry 4.0 DAC (LI4) is a recently established state of art Lean Industry 4.0 facility providing services to manufacturing companies focused on lean manufacturing processes and digital simulations and improvements. Our vision to to transform Ireland into a productivity hub for companies through Lean Industry 4.0 and LI4 will be the vanguard of Lean, process optimisation, and operational excellence through the use of technology, analytics, and human-centred design for enhanced efficiencies and productivity.
• Capability Development Programmes: LI4 will deliver a range of credited and non-credited training programmes in Lean Industry 4.0 techniques across the full value chain of digital capabilities.
• Enterprise Excellence Services: LI4 Consultants will work with organisations on their digital transformation journey.
• Lab Access Charges: LI4 will work with organisation who want to use the facilities, software & technicians
• Testbed and Simulation Services: LI4 will provide organisations with access to a virtual process optimisation platform to provide companies with a virtual digital footprint
Reporting to: LI4 Principal Investigator
Head of Commercial & Enterprise Excellence Role:
- This is a 3 year fixed term position working for LI4 based in Waterford.
This is a senior opportunity for someone already at 'Head of' level who is commercially focused, has experience of managing commercial deals, and ideally from a Lean or Industry 4.0 background.
As Head of Commercial & Enterprise Excellence, you will be responsible for securing and managing the delivery of projects with multiple key customers, assessing & implementing negotiation and renegotiation strategies and managing the financial element.
• To develop, lead and manage all commercial activities of LI4.
• Accountable for all commercial aspects of engagement with multiple strategic customers (scope, risk, delivery, governance, and closure).
• To develop and implement an innovative, growth focused commercial strategy, focusing primarily on training and process optimisation with our clients.
• Assessing the risks to the business of any new commercial opportunities.
• Understanding the value drivers of LI4 and identifying profitable commercial opportunities to grow revenue and market share.
• Developing and maintaining an excellent understanding of the key customers/target audience to ensure that their needs are being met and that their business is retained.
• Developing and maintaining an excellent understanding of key funding agency requirements to ensure projects and customers align.
• Championing and leading each new lean project from development, to process innovation through to successful lean process implementation.
• Reviewing and assessing the potential to develop strategic partnerships with sector specialists.
• Ensuring that regular reviews are carried out with customers, to ensure that their needs are being met and that excellent customer service is achieved and, developing future improvements/services for the customers.
• Representing the company externally e.g., at networking events, conferences and exhibitions to enhance and strengthen the company’s profile and optimise all business development opportunities.
• Liaising with relevant internal departments to ensure that customer needs are met and that customer requirements are fully communicated throughout the business.
As Head of Commercial & Enterprise Excellence we are looking for someone with:
• Impressive, demonstrable track record and skills/experience gained within a similar position(s), at a similar level.
• Commercially astute and customer focused.
• Strong leadership skills and experience.
• Ability to influence at a senior level, both internally and externally.
• Strong project deliverer and passionate about achieving high levels of excellence.
• Hands-on approach, with a ‘can-do’ attitude.
• Credible and confident communicator (written and verbal) at all levels.
• Gravitas, with the ability to build strong external relationships to enhance and strengthen the company’s profile.
• Tenacious and results driven with sound business judgement.
• Numerate with strong analytical and problem solving ability.
• Excellent project management skills.
• Ability to prioritise, demonstrating first class organisational skills and time management skills.
• Self-motivated, with the ability to work proactively using own initiative.
• Committed to learning and development.
• Working in a leading edge research area and state of the art facility.
• A dynamic work environment that values diversity, initiative and channeling your skills and fostering your creativity and individuality.
• A network of researchers in associated WIT research centres and with our national and international partners.
• Dynamic and flexible workday, which gives you great opportunities for self-development.
• Competitive salary.
Closing date for applications is Monday 14th February at 5 pm.
Tips when applying for a job
- Always add a cover letter
- Check both cover letter and CV for spelling mistakes
- Research the Company and prepare some questions
- Read our Applying for a Job online safety guidelines
3 months ago