Based in Co. Carlow this role will see you provide mechanical design solutions providing tailored design for automated and manufacturing systems.
This is a permanent role offering the opportunity to become a key voice within design team along with varied workload and growth potential within the company.
Your new job
As the new Mechanical Design Engineer you will join a small but progressive Engineering team and you will be entrusted with carrying out R&D activities in search of innovative solutions for the design and development of new and existing products. You will Design prototypes, products and systems for testing as well as set up FEA simulations. You will set up testing procedures and report into senior management accordingly. You will produce high quality 3D Designs using soildworks, work closely alongside customer and suppliers as well as maintain a strong working relationship with the production department
Key duties & responsibilities:
· Lead project from initial concept design right through to manufacturing support and installation.
· Communicate with partners and clients to develop design solutions providing technical expertise and innovative thinking.
· Provide technical support and project manage existing and new projects and designs.
· Utilise mechanical design expertise when integrating customer specifications delivering custom built solutions to existing and new business requirements.
· Maintain adequate design records to ensure traceability.
· Open communicator who works well in business facing role to understand customer requirements.
What are we looking for?
· BEng in Mechanical/ Manufacturing Engineering or Design.
· 3 years post qualification experience within a mechanical design function.
· Project Management and customer facing experience preferred.
· Expert with 3D mechanical design software Solidworks.
· Design experience working with metals such as mild steel /stainless .
· Willingness to work on own initiative, proactive and ambition to continuously improve.
To be successful in this role you will show drive and ambition to grow in your role and with the company become SME in your area.
Apply for this job now or get in touch with
Tips when applying for a job
- Always add a cover letter
- Check both cover letter and CV for spelling mistakes
- Research the Company and prepare some questions
- Read our Applying for a Job online safety guidelines
5 months ago