PURPOSE: Reporting to the Lead Automation Technician, the role will assist with the delivery of all systems to support, safe, cost-effective plant reliability with particular focus on Process Automation and Operations Support.
• Primary responsibility for personal safety, adherence to Site safety standards and compliance with safety training.
• Primary responsibility for Process Automation in assigned area of responsibility
• Responsibility with having full access to all control systems and follow all change procedures before making any changes to the process.
• Work across operations area to understanding the complex pieces of equipment with the view of having a deep knowledge of the equipment so we have a quick response in the event of a failure.
• Assist with technical competence to raise the knowledge base of all technicians so it is aligned with the new technology in the plant. This will be done by identifying complex issues with machines where the knowledge is limited.
• Provide Process Automation support to Production units as directed and required
• Correct use of all systems to support process control
• Participation in automation capital projects.
• Ensure all Work Orders assigned are planned and executed
• Ensure all Planned Maintenance routines are carried out as scheduled.
• Record all automation activities through use of the CMMS system
• Work in conjunction with external integrators
• Build a relationship with OEM’s through working in a respectful team oriented approach
• Keep up to date with latest technologies, training & instruction relative to the business needs
• Assist with Development of Standard jobs based on understanding the PLC and HMI system identifying key parts to help all technicians trouble shoot.
• Report all corrective automation work through the CMMS Work Order system.
• Responsibility for development of automation maintenance routines using knowledge to develop plans so all technicians have knowledge and skills to troubleshoot in the event of a failure.
• Utilise CMMS based work systems to report on work carried out.
• Responsibility for co-ordination of automation improvement activities for area of responsibility
• Ensure Active participation in all safety training, Lean initiatives, tool-box talks & PIT meetings.
• Complete all tasks in an efficient and effective manner
• Ability to lead, work and contribute in a team environment
• Flexibility to cover emergency situations as required
• Enthusiastic and energetic attitude to planned maintenance work
• Comply with all company policies and procedures
TYPICAL QUALIFICATIONS, KNOWLEDGE, EXPERIENCE
• Time served Electrical/Instrumentation technician or Level 7 engineering degree in a relevant discipline
• Self-motivated and enthusiastic, excellence as a standard.
• Understanding of and a qualification in Lean principles (agree to complete within first six months)
• Minimum 4 years post apprenticeship/graduate experience in a maintenance role
• Relevant experience in heavy industry in PLC and Automation areas.
• Detailed working Knowledge of Allen Bradley PLC programming.
• Detailed working knowledge of Intouch HMI configuration.
• Detailed working Knowledge of Industrial networks.
• Working Knowledge of Historian database development/Configuration.
• Working Knowledge of Eplan electrical drawing software.
• Understanding and proficient in the use of the CMMS tool
• Understanding of the concepts of project management.
• Good communication skills
• Understanding of control and process safety systems
• High degree of process knowledge in the area of automation and controls
• High energy and commitment to Best Practice
Our benefits package on permanency for this role is as follows:
Defined Contribution Pension Scheme – 5% employer contribution (of pensionable salary) and condition of permanency.
13 weeks sick pay scheme – 8 weeks x 100% and 5 weeks x 75%.
Life assurance x 5 times salary.
€620 per annum employer health contribution.
The role is based on days 0800 to 1630 Monday to Thursday, 0800 to 1530 on Fridays
Tips when applying for a job
- Always add a cover letter
- Check both cover letter and CV for spelling mistakes
- Research the Company and prepare some questions
- Read our Applying for a Job online safety guidelines
4 months ago