IMPORTANT NOTE: Due to the urgency of this vacancy, only candidates whom are already permitted to work in Ireland will be considered for this vacancy. Candidates whom are not permitted to work in Ireland will not be considered. We thank you for your understanding and co-operation.
MAIN PURPOSE OF THE JOB
With the support of the Project Director, independently manage either a single large project or several medium/small projects. Ensure that company / project QA/QC procedures are implemented, ensure that project team is well informed, motivated and working effectively and efficiently, keep project on schedule, keep control of man-hours / overtime, keep track of efficiency / productivity, issue weekly and monthly reports, maintain project files, monitor extra work and claims, compile close-out reports and oversee archiving of project files.
DUTIES / RESPONSIBILITIES
Ensure the successful execution of assigned projects.
Be commercially and contractually aware and understand the scope, restraints and responsibilities of contracts entered into by the company.
Establish project resource requirements and lead / motivate the project team.
Day to day management of subcontractors and site team.
Evaluate subcontractors and suppliers performance against their scope of supply.
Work continuously to ensure project margins are achieved and/or enhanced and accurately reported.
Maintain a balance between schedule and available resources.
Responsible for all Health, Safety and Environmental controls on assigned projects.
Maintain standards of safety and comply with the Company Health, Safety & Environment procedures. Take reasonable care of one’s own health and safety and that of others in the workplace.
Follow and maintain Company standards of Quality in accordance with Company Quality Systems.
Interact with the Client / Senior Management to ensure customer satisfaction at all times.
From time to time undertake some duties, not necessarily associated with a particular project but may include business development proposals.
Conduct Site visit to Suppliers and Subcontractors to ensure all deliverables are in compliance with the project requirements.
QUALIFICATIONS / SKILLS
· 6-10 years’ Project Management/Senior Engineering experience.
· Electrical construction experience essential.
· Electrical background.
· A relevant third level qualification would be an advantage but not essential.
·Commercial awareness essential.
·Client facing experience essential.
·Data Centre and Process experience is desirable.
· Good understanding/experience of project controls and governance through the full project lifecycle.
· Ability to work to tight deadlines.
· Organisational skills.
· Well-developed interpersonal and communication skills.
· Excellent analytical and numerical skills.
· Problem solving skills.
· Ability to manage and motivate teams.
· Lean Awareness preferable but not essential.
· Excellent IT skills.
Tips when applying for a job
- Always add a cover letter
- Check both cover letter and CV for spelling mistakes
- Research the Company and prepare some questions
- Read our Applying for a Job online safety guidelines
1 year ago