'Switching on for Learning: Becoming an Independent Learner' is a newly developed Online programme that shows 2nd level & Further Ed. students how to master study and learning. The ultimate aim of the programme is to 'make learning easier'.
Good News - this is a proven programme based on the widely used text 'Switching on for Learning: A Student Guide to Exam & Career Success' (see www.studyandcareers.ie/shop), developed now for the Covid19 environment so students can learn how to learn whether at home or school.
The Course Content addresses 6 key Modules essential for all learners to take control of their own learning:
1. Your Brain & Your Learning Styles
2. Getting Motivated
3. Managing Time, Learning to Plan
4. Reading to Learn, Learning to Summarise (Study & Learning Strategies)
5. Memory & Recall, Setting up a Study-Review System
6. Sitting the Exam, Managing Stress
Students are enabled to take ownership for their learning by:
* Learning to self-assess and figure out how they learn best through a series of exercises
* Practising study, learning and mindset strategies on their own work
* Building their self-belief as learners and nurturing their well-being.
Unique Features of this user-friendly programme:
* Structured Online teaching and learning (c. 15 hours)
* Videos with students (ages 12-20 yrs) with experienced teachers & topic experts
* Smart downloadable resources in each module
* Discussion forum for students' questions and concerns - winning feature!
* Student enrolment lasts to June 1st, 2021 so students can revisit modules as they need them
Special Introductory Offer (Sept. 2020) = €39.95
Attractive discount rates available for Schools and Colleges - contact to discuss your situation.
How to Enrol:
Log onto https://studyandcareers.ie/online-courses
Further info: contact author, experienced teacher, teacher educator
Dr. Fidelma Healy, PhD, MSc, BEd
1 month ago