We are looking for an Accounts Technician for our Head Office based in Ashbourne, Co. Meath.
This is a great opportunity to join a progressive & fast-growing Irish company.
Responsibilities and Duties:
• Assist in preparation of management accounts with analysis for the management team
Preparation of month end journals & balance sheet reconciliations
Preparation of the VAT returns
Responsibility for maintaining the Fixed Asset Register
Calculating and monitoring of accruals & prepaid expenses
Preparing bank reconciliations and posting bank transactions
• Posting and filing purchase invoices
• Preparing creditors listings and creditors reconciliations
• Dealing with creditor payment queries and schedule payment runs
• Completing and populating pre-prepared excel reporting templates
• Preparing and monitoring cash control reconciliations
• Providing assistance with preparation of weekly payroll run
• Reconcile payroll control account and file the monthly P30
• Preparation of financial and management reports.
• Management of Banking and cash flow and reconcile daily
• Management of petty cash transactions.
• Compliance with internal financial protocols
• Provide additional support to the Finance team on other tasks/projects as required
• Support all general office administration tasks as needed including driving improvement actions across all departments of the company
• Carrying out ad hoc duties at the request of the finance manager
Qualifications and Skills:
• Part Qualified Accountant or working towards Accounting qualification
• At least two years' experience in a similar role
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office, highly proficient in Excel
• Strong systems knowledge and IT proficiency
• Good analytical and strong problem-solving skills
• Strong analytical ability, excellent numerical and problem-solving skills, with a strong focus on accuracy and attention to detail
• Ability to plan, organise, prioritise and manage work
• Highly motivated self-starter with the ability to take ownership of tasks
• Must be of the highest integrity and comfortable in handling sensitive and confidential information
Please note we do not require the assistance of recruitment agencies or similar to fill this role or any other roles advertised.
Tips when applying for a job
- Always add a cover letter
- Check both cover letter and CV for spelling mistakes
- Research the Company and prepare some questions
- Read our Applying for a Job online safety guidelines
2 weeks ago