The Automotive Service Centre located in Parkwest Industrial Estate, Dublin 12 is a Commercial Vehicle Testing, Maintenance & Repair company for Heavy Goods Vehicles (HGV), Light Goods Vehicles (LGV), Trailers and all makes of private cars. Established for over 25 years the we are also the service and maintenance agents for Mitsubishi Fuso commercial vehicles.
A fantastic opportunity has arisen for an experienced HGV mechanic to join our team at the Automotive Services Centre.
Suitable candidates must have experience in all aspects of HGV/LCV maintenance and repair. Candidates must demonstrate experience of auto electrics/diagnostics and hydraulics.
Key Responsibilities & Duties:
• Fault diagnosis, Service, Maintenance and Repair of HGV vehicles, trailers and motor vehicles.
• Be fully qualified HGV Mechanic
• Have strong problem-solving skills and a strong customer- focussed approach.
• Be diligent and work well under pressure.
• Be flexible with regard to working times.
• Possess excellent oral and written English.
• Have experience in working to high standards of Health and Safety procedures.
• Hold a valid C1 Driving Licence.
• Be able to display a history of post qualification training.
• To work as part of a team, maintaining a good working relationship between colleagues and customers
• To adhere to correct working procedures, highlighting any errors or safety issues promptly to Management/supervisory staff
• To participate in training and development programmes as required by the Company
• To undertake any other duties or activities as required
• 2+ years post HGV apprenticeship experience or equivalent required
• To be aware/informed of RSA vehicle testing guidelines and requirements
• Excellent communication & customer service skills
• Excellent attention to detail
• Proven ability to work independently and with minimum supervision
• HGV licence an advantage.
Job Type: Full-time
License or certification:
• B & C1 (Preferred)
• English (Preferred)
Salary: To be discussed at interview
Tips when applying for a job
- Always add a cover letter
- Check both cover letter and CV for spelling mistakes
- Research the Company and prepare some questions
- Read our Applying for a Job online safety guidelines
3 months ago