We have a new requirement for a Senior Site Engineer to work with a leading building contractor on a new build project in Co Cork.
The successful person will be joining an experienced site team who have all been working for a minimum of 5 years with this contractor and have successfully completed a number of projects as a team.
Role and Responsibilities:
• Conduct your work in a safe manner – correct and take responsibility to ensure that all works are carried out to the highest Health and Safety standards.
• Ensure the foremen and operatives clearly understand the information provided.
• Develop and maintain professional working relationships with work colleagues and Design Teams.
• Review detailed design, critique and communicate with designers to ensure adequate design is available for construction.
• Coordinate the development of design from designer’s details to approved workshop drawings or technical information from subcontractors.
• Ensure work is carried out to the highest of quality standards and implement quality control procedures and project specific procedures.
• Follow direction as part of a team and attend meetings as required.
• Ensure setting-out information is relevant and available in a format that can be easily communicated on site.
• Manage and lead a team of engineers and sub-contractors.
• Reading & interpreting drawings for layouts, materials measure, etc.
• Management of subcontractors and the general workforce on site.
• Planning works in an efficient manner to ensure program targets are achieved.
• Liaise with client’s representatives and Design Team members as appropriate.
• Ordering and control of materials on site.
• Maintaining site records and records of discussions/meetings with designers and subcontractors.
• Maximise profit through your day-to-day actions: good self-management, accuracy in own work, elimination of re-work and contractual awareness.
• A third level degree in Engineering
• A minimum of 5 years’ experience as a site engineer,
• Good understanding of Health, Safety and Environmental regulations
• Excellent communication skills.
• Working knowledge in Microsoft Office, Microsoft Project etc.
• Proactive and driven person with a strong desire to make progress backed by a strong level of construction knowledge.
This is a permanent role offering a very attractive salary and benefits package, which will include a car, van or travel allowance and opportunities for career development.
Tips when applying for a job
- Always add a cover letter
- Check both cover letter and CV for spelling mistakes
- Research the Company and prepare some questions
- Read our Applying for a Job online safety guidelines
1 month ago