Health and Safety Officer required to work in the greater Dublin area with a leading main building contractor.
Our client has over 50 years’ experience working with private and public clients throughout Ireland. They operate a Grade A Safety Management System and are proud to be SafeT Certified.
• Working closely with the Health and Safety Manager, you will monitor safety performance and advise on compliance with health, safety and welfare policies
• Advise and liaise with project construction teams and PSCS regarding on site Health and Safety issues and overall commitment to improving safe conditions in the work place.
• Ensure compliance with HSA Statutory obligations, policies, procedures and legislation.
• Update the site company Safety File for both statutory compliance and company compliance with Safety Management Systems.
• Ensure compliance and continuous improvement for all elements of Health & Safety.
• Carry out accident / incident investigations, implement corrective actions and follow up effectiveness of these actions.
• Conduct regular internal audits and report and close out findings with Project Team.
• Communicate Tool Box Talks and carry out site inductions.
• Compile Method Statements/ Risk Assessments for various tasks and ensure compliance with same.
• Strict management and assessment of all onsite sub-contractors, including reviewing RAMS.
• Ensure all regulatory and in-house safety training/refresher training is completed.
• Health & Safety related diploma or degree qualification
• Minimum of 3 years’ experience as Health & Safety officer in the construction industry.
An industry leading salary and benefits package will be offered to the successful candidate.
Tips when applying for a job
- Always add a cover letter
- Check both cover letter and CV for spelling mistakes
- Research the Company and prepare some questions
- Read our Applying for a Job online safety guidelines
1 year ago