Our client, an established residential developer has a new requirement for an experienced Buyer to work from their head office in Co Meath.
Tasks and Responsibilities:
• Ensure prompt placing of orders with suppliers and ensure Project Managers & Quantity Surveyors are kept up to date throughout the buying process.
• Requesting and reviewing supplier quotations.
• Processing requisition data through ERP system.
• Ensure best prices being obtained from suppliers and review regularly.
• Expediting and ensuring timely deliveries.
• Spend analysis.
• Liaising with project teams to set and maintain budgets.
• Applying and engaging in LEAN initiatives within the purchasing process where possible.
• Investigation and evaluation of new potential suppliers.
• Set up Credit Agreements with suppliers in line with Accounts Payment terms
• Ensure that all materials & equipment purchased by the company comply with the required Safety Standards.
• Relevant diploma or degree
• 3+ years’ experience in a construction procurement department.
• Strong attention to detail.
• Ability to prioritise and meet deadlines.
• Ability to work on alone as well as a team.
• Problem solver and results focused.
• Proficient negotiation skills and ability to plan for future needs of the business.
A competitive salary and benefits package will be offered to the successful person.
Tips when applying for a job
- Always add a cover letter
- Check both cover letter and CV for spelling mistakes
- Research the Company and prepare some questions
- Read our Applying for a Job online safety guidelines
3 weeks ago